Help with Running Your Business, Improving your Accounting Systems, and Hiring a Full-Time Controller
Like our CFO Advisory Services group, our Controllers provide part time, interim, and project-based financial expertise to small and medium-sized businesses. In general, the work they do is focused on establishing and managing a smoothly running accounting department, and the preparation of accurate, useful, and timely financial reports to management and compliance entities.
We also provide experienced consultants to set up accounting departments, or support existing accounting functions by assessing and improving their operations and systems. Our controllers have the skills to quickly identify best practices for your organization. The value to you is having someone who has truly “been there before” and can navigate through the implementation or improvement process as efficiently as possible.
If you are looking for a permanent, full-time Controller, our Search Group can assist you in finding the perfect fit for your business. CFO Selections is a retained search firm specializing in the placement of executive, senior, and middle management team leaders exclusively in the areas of accounting and finance. We work with all industries and with organizations ranging in size from small, emerging companies to Fortune 500 firms, both privately and publicly held. We have placed hundreds of accounting and finance professionals in Pacific Northwest companies and nationally.
Listed below are just some of the customizable services we can offer you. To discuss your specific needs with a CFO Selections partner, please call or email us .
- Start-up and Emerging Company Support: Financial discipline and controls that really work
- Appropriate procedures and processes, budgets and projection that help you plan for the future
- Accounting Department Management: Ongoing, experienced help with procedures, reports, people management, and accounting issues
- Creation or improvement of your monthly closing checklist
- Support, leadership, and/or performance of daily accounting activities including A/P, A/R, payroll, billing, and credit and collections
- Coordination with outside vendors (banks, leasing companies, insurance, CPAs, etc.)
Audit, Review, & Compilation Support and Management
- Help with understanding the audit, review, and compilation processes and requirements
- Assistance in compliance with requests for documents and information
- Direction, and personnel if needed, to handle any updates or completion of accounting information that may be necessary before an audit begins
- Mentoring and coaching for your current accounting department
- Training on best practices where needed
Business Modeling, Forecasting, Metrics and Analysis
- Business plan financial projections and forecasting
- Budgets and tactical operations estimates
- New business or product modeling
- Financial model creation and sensitivity analysis
- Business/product modeling and analysis
- Business metric development
System and Process Assessment
- Review and analysis of financial systems, practices, and staff; and recommendations for improvement
- Process improvement/implementation/guides
- Accounting system selection and add-on selection process (3rd party tools)
Implementation & Accounting System Conversion Services
- System implementation, led by us or your existing team
- Data conversion assistance, including testing of data, and consulting and implementation for data structure changes including chart of account changes
- Project management, project planning/scope
- Requirement document preparation
- Training: one-on-one training, group training
- Custom report writing
- Tool development
“Thanks to Jeff for improving the quality of our financial reporting so that we could pass the due diligence requirements for a major transaction.”-- Nick Goyak, General Counsel, Powin Corporation
“We have been so grateful to have Robert from your consulting team as part of Oiselle. He has truly been a difference maker.”-- Sally Bergeson, Founder + CEO, Oiselle
“CFO Selections does an exceptional job of getting to know both their candidates and their clients. This paid dividends in my case as Alex brought a relocation opportunity to me after working with me on another position. It turned out to be a great fit professionally and personally. This would not have happened had Alex not spent the time with me up front, stayed in touch, and reached out when he identified the potential opportunity.”-- Sean Tallarico, Controller, Pope Resources/Olympic Resource Management
“CFO Selections has sent us the perfect person to help streamline our processes, evaluate our financial product and personnel and respond to questions that were beyond basic bookkeeping. We love having her as part of our team!”-- Toyan Copeland, Co-owner, The Copeland Group
“CFO Selections delivered the finance professional we were looking for. This individual not only provides the technical expertise we need but also is an excellent fit with our corporate culture.”-- Andy Skipton, CFO, Logos Bible Software
“When we needed specific skills for a project, CFO Selections was able to quickly find someone who was a great fit for both our project and our company. We saved months of recruiting and got help on the terms and timeline we needed.”-- Bob Pritchett, President/CEO, Logos Bible Software
“My recruiting and HR team made the comment that CFO Selections is one of the top two executive search firms they have worked with in all their years of recruiting. This is high praise from an experienced team.”-- Lynn Takaki, VP – HR, Precor Incorporated
“Our short term consultant filled our urgent need and we also ended up being able to hire a stellar candidate thanks to Rich’s help in the search; Leann is the perfect technical and cultural match for us.”-- Martinique Grigg, Exec. Director Mountaineers
“The outsourced CFO is an ideal, cost effective solution for many of our small and mid-sized clients that don’t yet need a permanent financial executive on staff.”-- Mike Gano, Managing Partner, The Partners Group
A charitable foundation providing time, talent, and treasure to foster children within the communities CFOS Selections serves.
Read through our corporate press releases to keep up on CFO news and recent placements.