Craig has 35 years of experience with privately held companies in numerous industries. He has held executive positions in both financial and operational roles and is familiar with complex corporate structures.
Over the last several years he has served as CFO for several start-ups and early-stage ventures. Craig has previous industry experience in real estate, oil & gas, and rail transportation, including 20 years with The Anschutz Corporation where he was Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Ansco Investment Company. In this capacity he led numerous companies and business units including the Rio Grande Ski Train, turning it into the largest passenger train of its kind, nationally known for outstanding customer service and unique specialized trains.
In addition to his financial and operational expertise, Craig has a flair for marketing. As COO of the Ski Train, he created the highly successful slogan: “We’re not selling transportation, we’re selling fun.”
He was recognized as “Savior of the Ski Train” in a Cover Story by Colorado Business Magazine and received an Award of Honor from Downtown Denver for contributions to the travel and tourism industry.
In addition, Craig has significant mergers & acquisitions experience including the purchase of the Los Angeles Kings NHL franchise.
His broad experience also includes work in the non-profit world as a CFO and served in the following board positions:
Board of Directors – Financial Executives International, Colorado Chapter
- Led the Business Breakfast Program hosting business leaders in the Denver Metro area twenty-four times a year for three years.
Chairman – Executive MBA Program Alumni Board – University of Colorado
- Served as Chairman of the Board for 5 years.
- Started a Recruiting Program and Information Sessions for prospective Candidates.
- Developed a Student Mentor Program counseling students on career advancement.
Chairman of the Board – Colorado Film Commission
Created the first ever private State Film Commission. When the state dissolved the Film Commission, I put together a non-political, bi-partisan group to assume the duties and responsibilities of the State Agency. We operated very successfully for 5 years as a 501(c)(6) organization providing the following services:
- Legislative and political lobbying.
- Marketing the State to the film industry for feature films, television, and commercials.
- Establishing community training programs throughout Colorado.
- Facilitated production activities with local, state, and federal agencies.
Associate Member Board of Directors – Colorado Ski Country USA
- Head of the Transportation Committee for 2 years.